Mini Tostada Bites are the perfect Mexican Appetizer! Homemade flour tortilla cups are filled with beans, ground beef, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, and more! A great party and game day treat!
I know the Holidays are over…cause I’ve gained ten pounds (we won’t go there)…but not ALL the Holidays are over! Another BIG National holiday is coming!
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission from any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Yep… that sacred, and hallowed, day known as “Super Bowl Sunday” is just around the corner! Football widows the country over are preparing to celebrate the resurrection of their husbands from their “Man Cave’s” and “Recliners”! Even more important…they will once again regain possession of the remote control!
On a Holiday as important as Super Bowl Day…it’s only natural we should celebrate with the best eats possible. Wings, pizza, subs, dip, Mini Oven Baked Beef Flauta’s and these delectable little morsels … Mini Tostada Bites!
This recipe for mini Tostada’s uses flour tortillas, but you could simplify the recipe by using mini corn chips shaped like little bowls…but I love the crispy flakiness of the flour tortillas. I’m going to show you how I use regular burrito flour tortillas to create the base for this appetizer.
How To make Mini Tostada Bites
Brown 1/2 pound of ground beef. Drain and add 2 tablespoons taco seasonings and stir until well combined. Set aside.
Begin with 4 large burrito size tortillas and a 3 inch biscuit cutter. Place flour tortilla on a cutting board and press biscuit cutter into flour tortilla. Twist the biscuit cutter back and forth to cut through the tortilla. You should end up with 16 – 20 mini circular tortillas.
Using a knife cut a 1/2 inch slit on one side of the circle towards the center of the circle. This will allow the tortilla to set inside the mini muffin tin easier.
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Spray two mini 12 cup muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. The slit should over lap slightly allowing the tortilla to fit down into each cup on the baking tin.
Melt 3 Tablespoons butter in a microwave safe dish, brush each tortilla cup with melted butter.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes or until tortilla’s turn golden brown. They should be nice and crispy! (Like I get at the lake each summer…but let’s not talk about that!)
Leave the mini tortilla shells in the tin, you are going to place them back in the oven to melt the cheese in just a minute.
Like their big brother Tostada…these minis start out with refried beans. YUM! Gotta have a little “glue” to make it everything stick! Place a small dab of refried beans in the bottom of each tortilla shell.
Add a sprinkle, about 1 teaspoon, of ground beef taco meat.
Top each one with a sprinkle of grated cheddar jack cheese. A hefty sprinkle if you’re a cheese lover like myself!
Place the muffin tin back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Ooey and gooey cheese is what it’s all about!
When the cheese has melted remove the muffin tin from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Use a butter knife to carefully remove each Tostada from the baking tin.
Place the Tostada’s on a serving tray. Oh I know…ya wanna sneak one or two…but WAIT! There’s more goodness to come!
Have your various toppings prepped and ready to go! A half cup of sliced olives, 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped lettuce, and 1 small avocado diced into small cubes.
Top each Tostada with a sprinkle of the chopped lettuce and a squirt of sour cream. The sour cream will help the olives, tomatoes, and avocado stick to the Tostada bites!
TIP: Place 1/2 cup of sour cream in a small zip lock bag. Cut the end off one corner and “pipe” the sour cream on top of each Tostada bite. Then you can just toss the bag when you’re done!
Sprinkle each Tostada bite with tomato, olive slices, and avocados. Load’em up! We are making an amazing Mexican Appetizer my friends. More toppings means more flavor!
If you like Cilantro you can add a little chopped cilantro to the top of each bite and a shake of hot sauce…if that’s your thing!
Don’t the look amazing!! I should warn ya…They’re a little addictive! You won’t be able to stop with just one tostada bite!
They are a great game day treat or a party appetizer! The holidays or any day…and let’s not forget that “Super Bowl Sunday” is a Holiday! One way or another someone is celebrating…there may as well be great “eats” involved!
If you enjoyed this fun easy Mexican Appetizer you might enjoy some of my other delicious Game Day Snack ideas!
Great Game Day Recipes
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Easy Philly Cheese Steak Sliders
- Loaded Tater Tot Nachos
- Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
- Copy Cat Wingers Wings
- Mozzarella and Tomato Appetizer from Allrecipes
As always, thanks so much for stopping by and visiting with me today! I hope you’ll incorporate these delicious Mini Flour Tostada Bites for your Game Day Party!
- 4 large burrito size tortillas
- 3 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 lb ground beef, browned
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasonings
- 1/2 a cup refried beans
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup finely diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium avocado diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Hot Sauce (Optional)
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, brown ground beef. Drain and add taco seasoning. Mix well. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, lay flour tortillas out flat, using a 3 inch biscuit cutter, cut out 4-5 circles per tortilla. On one side of each circle make a straight cut half and inch towards to the center of the circle.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray two mini 12 cup muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Slightly overlap each cut tortilla and press into bottom of muffin tin. Brush each tortilla shell with melted butter. Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove mini flour tortilla cups from the oven, keep the shells in the pan and fill each cup with a dab of refried beans, and a teaspoon of seasoned ground beef. Top each mini Tostada with grated cheese. Pop back in the oven for an additional 5 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Remove each muffin tin from the oven and place each mini tostada on a serving. Top each tostada with chopped lettuce, a dab of sour cream, sliced olives, diced tomatoes and avocado. Sprinkle with hot sauce and chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Goat Milk Soap and All Natural Skincare
Ozeri ZP6-30 12" Stone Earth Frying Pan 100% APEO & PFOA-Free Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating from Germany, Lava Black
1Easylife 18/8 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, Set of 6 for Measuring Dry and Liquid Ingredients
DII 100% Cotton, Terry Pot Holder Set Machine Washable, Heat Resistant, 7 x 7, Blue, 3 Piece
Chef'n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper (Cherry)
Rachael Ray 54077 Yum -o! Nonstick Bakeware 24-Cup Muffin Tin With Grips / Nonstick 24-Cup Cupcake Tin With Grips - 24 Cup, Gray
Serving Size:1 mini bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 660mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g