Egg Roll wrappers stuffed with crispy breaded chicken, celery, green onion, cilantro, and blue cheese or feta, mixed with Copy Cat Wingers Buffalo sauce. They all come together to create these delicious and fun Sticky Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls!
It’s the season of Buffalo-flavored everything!
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission from any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
We all know game day wouldn’t be game day without at least one buffalo dish! I’m wild about buffalo! Which is a surprise even to me…because I’m not a cheerleader for hot and spicy…unless we’re talking Tom Selleck! (That’s a whole other kind of hot and spicy!)
So…Last year when planning our annual “football feast”…(I hear there’s a game that goes along with this celebration…a lot of head banging and such!) I wanted to create a buffalo appetizer a little different from the norm!
I decided to combine two of my favorite appetizers…sticky buffalo wings and egg rolls. Dunk these into a good blue cheese dressing, and who cares whose on the ten yard line! There’s a touch down at the House my friends!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
This recipe begins with 4-5 frozen, thawed, breaded chicken tenders cut into cube bite size pieces.
Place cubed chicken in a medium size bowl. Add 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro, 4 sliced green onions, including stems, and 1 stalk celery finely chopped, salt and pepper to taste.
In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil and 1 Tablespoon butter. Add chicken and vegetables. Saute for 5-7 minutes until celery is tender. Place filling ingredients back into the small bowl. Set aside.
How To Make Sticky Buffalo Sauce
In a separate sauce pan add 6 Tablespoons Franks hot sauce, 4 Tablespoons water, and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar. Stir to combine. Over medium-low heat bring sauce to a low boil, stirring occasionally, until brown sugar is dissolved.
Turn heat off and allow to cool slightly.
Add enough of the sticky wing sauce to the chicken filling to coat everything evenly. About 1/4 to 1/2 cup.
Add 1/3 cup blue cheese or feta cheese. Either will work and both are similar in flavor. It’s really up to your taste buds and what those little fella’s are hankering for! I’ve used both and both are great in this recipe.
Stir cheese into filling until well combined.
Now for the fun part! Making the actual “egg rolls”!
TIP: You’ll need one package of egg roll wrappers! You can find them in the produce section of your grocery store.
You’ll need 10 egg roll wrappers. Lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointed toward you. Place about 2 – 3 heaping tablespoons of sticky buffalo chicken mixture on the center of the egg roll wrapper.
Dip your finger in warm water and run along the inside edges of the egg roll wrapper. This will help the egg roll wrappers to stick together. It’s like edible glue.
TIP: Keep a small bowl of warm water next to the egg roll skins so that it’s handy when making the egg rolls. Think of it as finger painting for cooks!
Fold the corner closest to you inward over the filling, gently pulling it snug over all that yumminess.
Fold the left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll towards the opposite side to create the egg roll. Brush corner with a bit of extra water to help seal the egg roll.
Continue until all the egg rolls have been made. This recipe will make approximately 10 egg rolls.
In a large sauce pan add 2-3 inches of vegetable oil. Heat to 375 °. Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
Carefully remove egg rolls from the oil, with tongs, and drain on paper towels or rack.
Aren’t they beautiful! Don’t ya just want to reach through the screen and grab one! They are so yummy my friends…but WAIT! We’re not done yet! We’re gonna kick things up just a tiny bit more!
Place egg rolls on a serving platter and drizzle with some of the remaining sticky buffalo sauce and sprinkle with feta or blue cheese crumbles. Let the drooling begin! (We try not to say this too much at this nest considering our ages! If ya know what I mean!)
Place the rest of the sticky sauce in a small bowl for dipping, and in another small bowl place your favorite blue cheese dressing or ranch.
Again this is about personal preference. I LOVE the blue cheese with these egg rolls as it compliments the buffalo sauce so well!
Sticky Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are a great appetizer loaded with the warm heat and flavor of Franks buffalo sauce and the subtle sweetness of the brown sugar. Sticky Buffalo sauce really is the BEST!
Here are a few other great Game Day Appetizer Recipes!
- Easy Homemade Soft Pretzels Recipes with Chili Verde Cheese Sauce
- Easy Philly Cheese Steak Sliders
- Copy Cat Winger Wings
- Loaded Tater Tots
- Mini Tostada Bites
Your guests will love this recipe! Especially if they’re fans of wings and egg rolls! Whose not a fan of wings and egg rolls! Kind of adds to the whole old age debate…”Which came first the chicken or the egg roll?” lol I mean it’s a total win-win! (Maybe not for the chicken or the egg roll…but the football fans will love’em!)
Thanks so much for stopping by my Nest today! You can always follow Norine’s Nest on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest where I share my favorite recipes, new and old, every day! Come join the fun!
- 1o egg roll wrappers
- 4-5 frozen, thawed, breaded chicken tenders, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 4 green onion thinly sliced, including green stems
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, or feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- Additional vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup sticky winger buffalo sauce
- Blue Cheese dressing for dipping sauce
Sticky Winger Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Franks buffalo sauce
- 4 Tablespoons water
- In a medium size bowl add chopped chicken strips, cilantro, celery, and onions. Mix until well combined.
- In a skillet, over medium heat add olive oil and butter. Add chicken mixture and saute until celery is tender about 5-7 minutes. Place mixture back in bowl.
- In a small sauce pan combine brown sugar, buffalo sauce, and water over medium-low heat and stir until mixture comes to a slow boil and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup of sticky buffalo sauce to chicken mixture. Add blue cheese or feta cheese. Mix until well combined.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, add 2-3 inches of oil. Heat to 375°.
- Lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointed towards you. Place 2-3 Tablespoons of filling in the center of the egg roll. Brush water around the inner edges of the egg roll wrapper.
- Fold corner up over the filling. Fold left and right corner toward the center and continue to roll. Brush a bit of the water on the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
- Place egg rolls, one at a time, into the heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Carefully remove from oil, with tongs, and drain on paper towels or rack.
- Place on serving plate. Drizzle with some of the remaining sticky sauce and sprinkle with cheese crumbles.
- Serve with sticky buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hamilton Beach Deep Fryer, 12 Cups / 3 Liters Oil Capacity, Frying Basket with Hooks, Lid with View Window, Stainless Steel, Professional Grade, Electric, 1500 Watts (35033)
KITCHENATICS Roasting & Baking Sheet with Cooling Rack: Small Quarter Sheet Size Aluminum Cookie Pan Tray with Stainless Steel Wire Rack - 9.6" x 13”, Heavy Duty Quality, Oven Safe and Non Toxic
KitchenAid Stainless Steel Utility Tongs, No-Tip - KC091OHSSA
Serving Size:1 egg roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 726mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g