A delicious beautiful fruity party dip made with three simple ingredients! Perfect for dipping fruit, cookies, graham crackers, or pie crust scrap hearts!
What could be more perfect for Valentine’s Day, or your next girls night, than a light fluffy easy dessert dip topped off with beautiful red cherry pie filling?!!
Please don’t judge me. I have an obscene love for Cherry Pie Filling. Yes the canned stuff! Hand me a spoon, get out of my way, and just leave me with my once a year indulgence! (I have no explanation for it…remember said “No judging”! lol)
For years I’ve been making a simple fruit dip using cool-whip and my favorite yogurt. A friend shared it with me and I’ve used it ever since. It’s so yummy for dipping fresh strawberries, pineapple, and even banana’s in!
The other day, I made a pie and thought it would be fun to do a twist on Grandma’s old cinnamon sugar pie scraps. So I cut them into hearts! Aren’t they cute? Yummy too! They needed something though…
My mind quickly thought of my favorite fruit dip and how yummy it would be to add a vibrant fruity pie filling on top of to dip those hearts into! Cherries on a Cloud was born! (It was a fantastic birth!)
What You’ll Need to Make Cherry Fruit Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip whipped topping – You can use reduced calorie.
- 1 (6 ounce) container of Yoplait Yogurt – Cherry flavor or cheesecake flavor
- 1½ Cups Cherry Pie Filling
- Cookies, Fruit, or Pie scraps for dipping
How To Make Cherries On A Cloud Fruit Dip
In a medium bowl add 1 (8 ounce) container of thawed cool whip and 1 (6 ounce) container of yogurt. You can use any brand, or flavor, of yogurt you prefer. (I know this isn’t a pretty picture!)
TIP: Greek yogurt can be used to create a thicker dip if you prefer.
Using a spatula gently fold the two ingredients together to create the “cloud” portion of your dip! It’s much prettier once it is mixed together.
Assembling Cherry Fruit Dip
In a fun pretty serving dish pour the cool whip and yogurt mixture. Gently spread it around creating a dip in the center for your pie filling.
Spoon 1½ cups of Cherry Pie Filling on top of the “cloud” of whipped cream. Cover with plastic warp and chill for 1 hour. The cool whip and yogurt will become firm during chilling.
Store remaining pie filling…or bust out your spoon and join me in my guilty pleasure!
Serving Cherry and Whipped Cream Dip
To serve remove from refrigerator and serve with cookies, fruit, cinnamon graham crackers, or pie crust pastry hearts!
It was love at first dip for me! The “cloud” portion of this dip sets up like a light fluffy mousse and is so creamy and delicious! Add that cherry pie filling on top…and it’s perfection!
One of the perks of this recipe is you can change it to meet your flavor preference or party theme!
If you’re not a cherry fan, switch the cherry yogurt for blueberry, triple berry, key lime, peach, cheesecake, or lemon!
Switch the pie filling out to match, or get creative and mix and match!
A Key Lime “cloud” would pair beautifully with a strawberry pie filling! A peach “cloud” would pair beautifully with peach pie filling or a raspberry pie filling. Not a pie filling fan…skip it! Just serve the cloud dip alone! It won’t disappoint!
One thing I know for sure…whether you make this for Valentine’s Day, a Bridal or Baby Shower, no one will be able to just have one “dip”! I’ve seen many fresh strawberries go down with this dip on them!
Questions and Answers for Fruit Dip
- What is good on a fruit tray? A variety of fruits is the best way to prepare and make a fruit platter. Guests like options and fruits in season are always available these. Apples, Strawberries, Blueberries, Pineapple, Melon, Kiwi, Orange wedges, and more.
- Can a Fruit Platter be made the night before? Yes. The fruit can be prepared the night before and stored in large zip lock bags in the refrigerator and then arranged the day of.
- Can this Fruit Dip be made in advance? Yes! It can be made a day in advance. After it can be stored for up to 3 days.
Other Valentine Dessert Recipes
- White Chocolate Raspberry Milksake
- Cookies and Cream Valentines Popcorn
- Easy Homemade Cream Puffs
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Easy Fruit Dip from the House of Nash Eats
Thanks for stopping by my Nest today! If you make this, or any of my recipes, be sure to share them with me on Instagram by tagging me at Norinesnest!
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
- 1 (6 ounce) container Cherry Yoplait Yogurt
- 1½ Cups Cherry Pie Filling
- In a medium bowl combine cool whip and yogurt. Fold the two together to combine. Pour into a serving dish creating a small well in the center.
- Gently spoon pie filling into the center of the cool whip mixture. Cover and chill 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with cookies, fruit, pie crust cut outs, or graham crackers.
Note this recipe can be changed by switching yogurt flavors and pie filling flavors. Additional hour is for chilling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FE Pie Pan, 10-1/2 Inches Ceramic Pie Dish, Deep Dish Pie Pan with Lace Emboss, Ruffled Pie Plate for Baking(Christmas Red)
Fitz and Floyd Trestle Glassware Ornate Goblets, 4 Count (Pack of 1), Red
Pfaltzgraff Tea Rose Accent-Plates, Pink
Artoid Mode Love Heart Truck Kitchen Dish Towels, 18 x 26 Inch Seasonal Valentine's Day Anniversary Wedding Ultra Absorbent Drying Cloth Tea Towels for Cooking Baking Set of 2
LAUCHUH Chip & Dip Serving Set Porcelain Divided Serving Platter/Tray Perfect for Snack 12 inch White Dish Set of 2
UIBCWN Oval Au Gratin Baking Dishes, Porcelain 7.5''x4.5'' Baking Dish Oven Safe Roasting Lasagna Pan, Ceramic Bakeware Ideal for Crème Brulee, 11.5oz, Set of 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g