Fried Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Gravy are Celestial…they go beyond Heavenly! Thick center cut pork chops are dipped in an egg wash then rolled around in seasoned bread crumbs. Fried to a crispy golden brown and topped with a decadent, rich, lip-licking creamy mushroom gravy!
I’ll be honest I wasn’t sure I was going to even post this recipe. Then Mars ate TWO whole pork chops! He mumbled through his second, that these were the best pork chops he’d ever eaten… and I quote…”That Gravy”!
How To Make Fried Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
I love to buy the big package of center cut pork chops from Costco, but any boneless pork chop will do. Mine were about 1/2 inch thick.
Rinse and pat your pork chops dry with a paper towel. In a separate bowl beat two eggs with 2 Tablespoons of water. Dredge (I love that word…sounds like your dragging things through the muck!) the Pork chops through the egg wash. (It’s like they’re having a special “Spa” day!)
In another dish mix together 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs with 1 Tablespoon of Dry Italian Dressing Mix, and 1/2 teaspoon of coarse black pepper.
Here we go again…more dredging! Dredge the egg washed pork chops in the bread crumbs.(Think of this step as their “magic exfoliating facial mask”!)
Place a large skillet on your stove top over medium heat. Add 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil. Once oil is hot carefully place prepared pork chops into the hot oil! This is the “hot oil treatment” to close up their pores! Lol (…it’s like they’re having a day at Elizabeth Arden’s…)
Cook until golden brown. Turn and cook other side until golden brown. Look at the fresh new glow they’re sporting after all that beauty treatment! Lol
Once both sides are golden brown and thoroughly cooked, place pork chops on a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven.
DO NOT WASH THE PAN! We need all the bits and juices for the scrumptious Mushroom Gravy! This is NOT a cream of mushroom soup gravy. This is the real McCoy!
In the same skillet, that you browned the pork chops in, melt 1 Tablespoon of butter. Add 1/4 cup diced onions and 1 cups fresh sliced mushrooms! Don’t ya dare open a can of mushrooms. We need all the wonderful juices from the fresh ‘shrooms!
Cook until tender. Here comes my favorite part… Add 1/2 cup of white wine! (It really is like a “spa day”! Lucky piggy’s! Maybe not so lucky! Eh…like Charlotte said “That’s SOME Pig!” lol) Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes over low heat.
TIP: You can substitute chicken broth for the white wine!
Add 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream! Combine and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes until sauce reduces and thickens.
Taste the sauce before adding any more seasonings. Remember those Pork Chops were dredged in seasoned breadcrumbs, and we used the “leftovers” in the pan for this gravy.
This will make a delicious rich creamy Gravy to pour over your beautiful crispy Fried Pork Chops.
Remove Pork Chops from the oven and place on a serving platter. Spoon Mushroom Gravy over the top of the pork chops.
Garnish with Fresh Parsley and serve.
I suggest serving these divine Pork Chops with Golden Mashed Potatoes or Egg Noodles. That gravy is just so good you’ll want it on as many side dishes as possible.
Bless our Great-Great- Grandma’s who came up with Gravy! Those ladies knew a good thing when the made it!
Each forkful of this dish is as good as the first! Before you know it you’ll be looking for a piece of bread to “sop” up the remnants of gravy left on your plate! Ya don’t want to leave any evidence behind! (My husband laughs when I say “sop”? It’s a word!)
Find yourself a package of great pork chops and have your own “spa” day with those beauties! I know you’ll love the results!
If you love this recipe you might enjoy these other Pork Chop Recipes
- Oven Fried Butter Crumb Pork Chops
- Skillet Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Easy Stuff Pork Chops with Gravy
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fried Pork Chops
- Minnesota Pork Chop Casserole
That’s my recipe for perfectly Fried Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Gravy! Enjoy!
Remember to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for all the latest YUM!
- 4-6 1/2 inch thick Center Cut Pork Chops, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine, OR 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish
- Create an "egg bath" In a medium bowl by beating two eggs with 2 Tablespoons water until well blended.
- In another bowl, or pie plate, mix together 1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs with 1 Tablespoon Dry Italian Salad Dressing and 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper. Mix well.
- Dredge pork chops through the egg bath then the seasoned bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil. Once oil is hot, carefully add breaded pork chops. Fry until golden brown. About 10 minutes per side. Turn over and brown other side. Fry until thoroughly cooked. Place Pork Chops on baking sheet and keep warm in oven.
- Do NOT wash skillet.
- Loosen the bits and pieces in the bottom of the skillet. Add 1 Tablespoon of butter. Melt over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sliced mushrooms. Sautè until tender. Add White wine, turn heat down to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream. Mix well. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Remove pork chops from oven. Plate . Spoon Creamy Mushroom Gravy over the top of the pork chops. Garnish with Fresh Parsley and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
LIFVER Large Porcelain Embossed Rectangular Platter, Serving Plates, 15.6 Inch, 13.8 Inch, 12.2 Inch, Set of 3, White
HOT TARGET Set of 3-7, 9, 12 inches, Heavy Duty, Non-Stick, Stainless Steel Silicone BBQ and Kitchen Tongs (Can Also Be Used as BBQ Turners), (Pack of 3, Multi Color)
Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover
Serving Size:1 pork chop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 350mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g