A beautiful light Quiche loaded with fresh vegetables, cheese, and seasoned to perfection. The perfect Brunch dish!
Last year when Mars and I took our “stay-cation”, you may remember we went to a darling French Bistro in Santa Clara, Utah. It was such a quaint little spot and I was more than a little shocked when the hubs ordered “Quiche”.
In fact I even questioned him about it. In 30+ years of marriage he had never eaten “Quiche” in my presence. (He must have been cheating on me and having a Quiche affair behind my back!) It was then that he informed me he “LOVED” Quiche! Not sure how this escaped me for thirty plus years…but it did!
So when planning my “Mother’s Day Brunch” post, I knew I wanted to do a Quiche. I know you women and how you watch your calories. (I’m not one of them…I should be…but, my love of food always wins out!)
So I created a really yummy veggie Quiche. I even went half whole egg and half egg whites! (You’re welcome) This Quiche passed the “husband” test. He ate three slices and was in heaven the entire time. I just stood there and watched in bewildered awe! Who knew?!!!
How To Make Loaded Vegetable Quiche
Start out with one 9 inch pie shell. You can make one from scratch or you can buy Pillsbury Pie Dough. Prepare the pie shell.
Preheat oven to 350°. Place 2 Tablespoons butter in a medium skillet, over medium heat. Melt the butter and add your cleaned and prepared veggies. I used 1 cup sliced mushrooms, 4 sliced sweet peppers, 1 cup chopped broccoli, and 1/3 cup onions.
Saute veggies until tender crisp and onions are semi translucent. Set aside.
In a medium size bowl whisk together 3 whole eggs and 2 egg whites. (You can use all whole eggs if you want a richer creamier Quiche) Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil (optional) and 1 teaspoon chopped chives. Mix till well blended. Add in 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half. (Half and half will make for a creamier Quiche, but if you don’t have it one hand you can use milk)
Place sautéed vegetables in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell. Next place a layer of your favorite cheese. I did Munster. I tore two slices into smaller pieces and spread it equally all over the top of the vegetables. You could do grated Swiss, Cheddar, Gouda, what ever cheese you like.
Pour the egg and milk mixture over the top of the vegetables and cheese. Bake in your preheated 350° oven for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Tip: If your crust edges are getting too brown, make a foil tent and place it over the top of the Quiche.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil and pepper rings.
This beautiful Quiche is loaded with the wonderful flavors of all those fresh veggies and spices. The egg is light and fluffy. The crust is flaky and melt-in-your-mouth. It’s a perfect brunch dish. Who knows…maybe your husband is a closet Quiche lover too! lol
Pair this with a simple fruit salad and my Lemon Poppy Seed Scones with the Easy Microwave Lemon Curd. It really does make for such a lovely brunch.
If you love Quiche…and evidentaly everyone does (who knew?)…you’ll love this one!
Here are some of my other favorite Egg Breakfast Recipes
The printable recipe is below. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by and visiting.
Happy Nesting My Friends.
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 4 small sweet red and yellow peppers sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup half-and-half OR 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup grated Swiss or cheddar cheese OR two slices of Munster cheese, broken into pieces.
- Fresh basil and pepper rings for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare a 9 inch unbaked pie shell.
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 Tablespoons butter. Add Mushrooms, Peppers, Broccoli, and Onion. Saute until tender crisp. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk 3 whole eggs and 2 egg whites until light and fluffy. Add salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, and chopped basil. Mix till well blended.
- Add in 1/2 cup half-and-half or milk. Whisk together until combined.
- Place sauteed vegetables in the bottom of unbaked pie shell.
- Top with grated cheese. Pour Egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil and pepper rings. Serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g