*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission from any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Spinach Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups. Lasagna noodles are rolled up with a creamy cheese, spinach, and chicken filling and topped with a thick creamy Alfredo sauce for one amazingly delicious pasta dish.
There are pasta dishes… and there are PASTA dishes!
I’m talking about the type of pasta dish that makes you think you’re in Italy sitting on a veranda, violin music softly playing, surround by beautiful Italian accents. One bite and your living your dream vacation. (Okay I’m outta here…see ya later! lol)
Sigh! Wouldn’t it be awesome if it were that easy? That is one of the many things I LOVE about food. It can transport you through taste and smell.
This is one of those dishes! (I’m pretty easy though…one snow cone and I’m on the beaches of Florida!)
Spinach Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups are luxuriously rich. (I kinda wanna double dog dare ya to eat two! lol)
They are filled with three types of cheese…Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Parmesan. Then chopped spinach, chicken, garlic, and pesto are added and stuffed inside a lasagna noodle. Topped off with more cheese and my “cheater” Alfredo sauce.
How To Make Spinach Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll-Ups
In a medium size bowl add one 15 oz. container of whole Ricotta Cheese. (You can use skim if you want…but this is a “come to momma’s thighs” kinda dish!) Add one cup of Mozzarella cheese, ½ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 heaping Tablespoon Pesto Sauce, and ½ tsp coarse black pepper.
Stir well to combine ingredients.
Next add one egg. (This helps the ingredients to “bind” together) Mix well.
Add two cups of shredded Rotisserie Chicken (I buy mine at Costco), add ½ cup of well-drained thawed frozen chopped spinach. (Press all the excess water out of the spinach before adding it to the cheese mixture.)
Mix together well
Cook 10- 12 lasagna noodles and drain.
Lay noodles on a flat surface and spread filling the entire length of the noodle. Filling should be about ¼ inch thick.
Remember when you were a kid and you would lay on a great big blanket and grab one corner and start rolling…that’s what were going to do with this lasagna noodle!
Begin at the end closest to you, and roll the lasagna noodle to the end. You don’t need to roll them tightly. We don’t want all that yum squishing out the sides. (That would be like a muffin top on a lasagna noodle. Ewe. Let’s not!)
Once you have your noodle all rolled up, so to speak….place in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
I was able to do 3 rows of three, with a spare on the end. A total of 10 lasagna roll ups.
I think I could have gotten 11 if I hadn’t overfilled the first two noodles. I was just thinking they’d be happier all big and puffy! (Okay fine…I was thinking I’d be happier if they were big and puffy!)
Next you have a choice…you can make my cheater Alfredo sauce, or you can crack open a bottle of pre-made
Alfredo. Totally up to you!
I’m not a huge fan of bottled Alfredo sauce. I just think they miss the mark…but those are my taste buds. (They can be a bit uppity!)
To make my cheater sauce… in a large skillet over medium heat, melt one stick, or a half cup, of real butter. Add one diced up package of 8 oz. cream cheese. Stir until blended.
Add ¾ cup of grated Parmesan cheese, ½ cup white cooking wine, and ½ cup to ¾ cup of milk.
Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is the consistency you desire.
TIP: If it is too thick add more milk or white cooking wine.
Sprinkle more mozzarella cheese over the top of the lasagna rolls.
TIP: You may want to put the cheese on top of the Alfredo sauce. I think it might hold the sauce on the pasta better than the way I did it.
Pour the Alfredo sauce over the top of the noodles, making sure each roll is completely covered in sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley.
(I was ready to dig in! Every delicious component is here for one amazingly delicious meal.)
Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 35 – 40 minutes until cheese is melted, sauce is bubbly, and the edges are turning golden brown.
Serve with a large spoon so you can scoop up the extra Alfredo sauce on the bottom of the pan! You don’t want to miss one drop of that creamy rich goodness!
The flavors blend perfectly in this dish. The luscious ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese’s, with the flavorful spinach and tender chicken, all rolled inside a delicious lasagna noodle and topped with that rich creamy Alfredo sauce.
In a word…YUM! Sometimes that all ya need!
I served this delicious mouth-watering dish with a big garden salad and crusty sour dough bread!
It was a great Sunday family dinner. These are rich and filling. Everyone around the table gave this dish two big thumbs up, but admitted that one roll was plenty!
If you enjoyed this recipe you’ll love these other delicious Pasta Recipes
- Easy Homemade Beef Stroganoff
- Tortellini with Homemade Sundried Tomato Meat Sauce
- Meat Lovers Bake Spaghetti
- Steak & Mushroom Cream Sauce with Tortellini
- Worlds Best Lasagna
Hope your chicks love this dish as much as mine did. Please sign up for my bi-weekly news letters for a sneak peek at what’s coming up here at my Nest!
- 10-12 lasagna noodles (cooked and drained)
- 1 15oz. container of ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cup shredded Mozarella Cheese (divided 1 cup and ½ cup)
- ½ cup shredded fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup drained, thawed frozen chopped spinach (press in paper towel to remove excess water)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon Pesto sauce
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish
- ½ cup real butter
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium size bowl add 1-15oz. container of ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, 1 tsp. minced garlic, 1 Tablespoon pesto sauce, ¼ tsp. coarse black pepper. Mix well.
- Add one egg and mix together well.
- Add drained spinach and 2 cups of shredded chicken. Mix until well blended.
- On a flat surface lay out lasagna noodles.
- Spread cheese mixture ¼ inch thick down the entire length of the noodle.
- Starting at one end roll noodle to the end. Place in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Continue until all noodles are stuffed, rolled, and place in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Cover with prepared Alfredo sauce.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 35-40 minutes until sauce is bubbly, cheese is melted, and edges are turning golden brown.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat melt 1 stick of butter. Add 8 oz. package of cut up cream cheese. Stir until blended.
- Add ¾ cup of Parmesan cheese. Stir until incorporated.
- Add ½ cup of white cooking wine and ¾ cup of milk.
- Stir until creamy.
- If too thick add additional cooking wine or milk until desired consistency.
Please note you can use bottled Alfredo sauce if you prefer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 roll up
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 144mgSodium: 675mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g