Big, plump, moist, tender Breakfast Blueberry Muffins made with fresh blueberries in a delicious slightly sweet crumb muffin! The perfect way to start your day!
I know, I know! I already have a blueberry muffin recipe on the blog. Those are a dinner muffin. These, ah-hem… are Breakfast Blueberry Muffins!
They have magnificent plump rounded tops, are moist, light, sweet, and full of tender juicy fresh blueberries.
I had an entire box of fresh blueberries last week. Which lead to my craving a “blueberry” baked good. Something sweet and totally naughty!
I’ve made a lot of muffins in my day…a lot!!! Nothing as tasty as these beauties. These are truly the BEST breakfast blueberry muffins I’ve ever had! They’re so good that “Mars” (the neighboring planet to my Venus) couldn’t keep his mitts off of’em! (We agree on these muffins…and cheesecake! It’s true love!)
How To Make Blueberry Breakfast Muffins
Preheat oven to 400°. Line a standard size muffin tin with parchment paper liners. (I purchased mine at Wal-mart for .99 cents. Because we only have the best liners here on Venus!) Spray each one with non-stick baking spray.
Why are we using parchment muffin liners AND non-stick baking spray? Because…It works beautifully. You’re just going to have to trust me. (The Martins do! lol)
In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Gradually mix the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture, stirring gently and being careful not to over mix the batter.
TIP: For tender muffins it’s important not to over mix the batter. Just enough to combine the wet ingredients into the dry.
The batter will still be slightly lumpy and thick. That’s exactly the texture we want.
Add fresh blueberries…those deep dark purple gems of joy! Gently fold berries into the batter.
Use a large scoop to divide the batter evenly into each muffin cup. Please note…They will be filled to the very top.
Now, I’ll be honest…I was very nervous to do this. I had visions of this batter bubbling over the top of the cups and dripping down onto the bottom of my oven. It was not a pretty picture!
However, this recipe is so wonderful that the tops just rise and mind their own business!
Sprinkle the tops generously with coarse sparkling sugar. Coarse sugar just makes you feel like a Pastry Chef! (Or… a fairy god mother! I’m gonna stick with Pastry Chef! My odds are better.)
TIP: Poke a few fresh berries, about 3, on top of each muffin. It’s makes them look pretty! We are all about the “pretty” around here!
Bake at 400 degrees for 22-26 minutes. Mine took about 24!
I squealed with delight when I saw how beautifully these muffins rose! The tops are big and tall, and golden brown! I was drooling!
Baking Blueberry Breakfast Muffins
Cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
Transfer to a cooling rack…a COOLING RACK…not your mouth!
Okay…you can move them to your mouth…but watch out cause they are HOT! Those little berries can burn yer mouth friends.
They melt in your mouth. Great with a pat of butter or without! I should warn ya…one won’t be enough!
Thankfully this recipe makes 12 large muffins plus one or two extra!
Store any left overs…if there are any…in an air tight container. They reheat perfectly in the microwave so you can enjoy them the next day too!
These are moist, tender, with hints of vanilla, bursts of blueberry, and the added crunchy sweetness of coarse sugar. Every component is there for the perfect muffin!
Thankfully these beautiful Breakfast Blueberry Muffins lived up to my expectations! I know they’ll live up to your expectations too! They’re a great way to start the day!
Other Favorite Easy Muffin and Quick Bread Recipes
- Moist Traditional Pumpkin Bread
- Blueberry Lemon Soda Bread Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Scones
- Banana Crumb Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a GREAT week!
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3-4 teaspoons of coarse sparkling sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries (reserve some for on top)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a standard size muffin tin with parchment paper liners. Spray each one with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually mix the buttermilk into the flour mixture, stirring gently, being careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in blueberries into the batter.
- Use the large scoop to divide the batter evenly into each muffin cup. They will be filled to the very top. Sprinkle generously with sparkling sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 22-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g