Apple Pecan Cobbler is loaded with sliced apples layered in a 2 quart baking dish, sprinkled with sugared pecans, and topped with a batter. The top of the cobbler is then sprinkled with more pecans, and baked until bubbly and beautiful. It’s absolutely delicious!
We have a few apple tree’s out in the back yard. In the spring I love the blossoms. In the Fall… I wait with anticipation for the first freeze. That freeze will set the “sugars” and make the apples crisp and crunchy.
All those apples are begging to be made into scrumptious Fall desserts…(Maybe it’s my apple cravings begging? Hmmm? Let me get back to you on that!)
Like this AWESOME Apple Pecan Cobbler. I began making this about 10 years ago, and it is truly the BEST cobbler I’ve ever had! (Not that I eat cobbler’s by the bucket full! Well…not every day anyway! lol)
How to Make Apple Pecan Cobbler
Preheat oven to 325 °. Peel and slice 4 cups of apples. I used Pink Lady apples. (Our tree’s decided to go menopausal on us this year and not produce! So rude!)
I like a tart apple when baking! You could also use Granny Smith’s Apples.
TIP: The original recipe calls for “thinly sliced” apples… however, I cut mine a little thicker. It keeps them from getting too mushy in this recipe.
In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. This will create your “sugared pecans”.
Generously spray a 2 quart baking dish.
Arrange 1/2 the apple slices in an even layer in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle half the pecan sugar mixture over the apples. Arrange another layer of apples and sprinkle with the other half of the sugar and pecan mixture.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl whisk together egg, evaporated milk, and melted butter. Pour milk mixture into the flour mixture all at once…
Stir until smooth.
Pour mixture over apples and pecans.
Sprinkle top with 1/4 cup chopped pecans.
Bake in preheated oven for 55 – 60 minutes, until center is firm and top is golden.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. (I’d also recommend a fork or spoon…unless ya just wanna go face first into this deliciousness! Which I get. Not admitting anything…just sayin’…)
This cobbler reminds me so much of a scrumptious fruit filled bread pudding!
The apples are tender. Full of flavor. They pair beautifully with the moist cobbler and crunchy pecans.
Doesn’t that look yummy?!
When I make this dessert, it always receive rave reviews and requests for the recipe. In my humble opinion that is always the sign of a fantastic dessert!
This is so simple to make and tastes like you spent a lot of time on it. Another impressive plus for this simple recipe.
I spent all summer waiting to share this dessert with y’all. It truly is a favorite. One I make every Fall. I hope you Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe you might also enjoy these other Fall Dessert Recipes.
- Cranberry Apple Pie
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Layered Pumpkin Lush
- Pumpkin Pound Cake with Warm Walnut Caramel Sauce
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Cranberry Peach Fall Cobbler
- Caramel Apple Crisp
- Country Apple Dumplings with Cinnamon Sauce
Happy Nesting My Friends!
- 4 cups sliced tart apples (Granny Smith, Pink Lady, etc)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Arrange 1/2 the sliced apples in an even layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup pecans. Sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar mixture over the first layer of apples.
- Arrange the other half of the apples on top of the sugar and nuts. Sprinkle with the other 1/2 of the sugar mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg, evaporated milk, and melted butter. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture all at once. Mix until smooth.
- Pour over apples, and sprinkle top with 1/4 cup pecans.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 55-60 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 3gSugar: 45gProtein: 5g