A delicious almond crumb nut crust and topping, wedged in-between is a smooth rich cheesecake filling creating a delicious Cheesecake Bar Cookie!
This is my last post before Christmas! (At least I think it is!) I really want to spend a few days with my family. I know all the Momma Bird’s out there understand!
Plus I have a whole lot of cooking I want to do! (Holidays at this Nest equal food!) I’ll still be posting on Instagram and my stories! Be sure to keep an eye out as I share some of our family traditions during the next few days.
You know the saying…”She saved the BEST for last”? That’s the case for my 2016 Holiday Cookie Recipes! I saved my favorite holiday cookie for last!
Last, but certainly, not least…Cheesecake cookies!
The recipe was originally given to my Mom by a long time friend from church. If you love cheesecake, and you know that I do, this cookie is especially for you! I kicked it up a notch. The 3,000 calories per cookie just didn’t seem adequate enough! 😉 (It is after all…the Holidays!)
A few weeks ago while out grocery shopping I stumbled upon mini snicker baking bites. I knew they needed “re-homing” in these yummy cheesecake cookies. Wasn’t sure how it would work and if it would even turn out? Thankfully it worked beautifully!
How To Make Cheesecake Bar Cookies
Start with a wonderful buttery nut crumb crust. In your mixer, with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, brown sugar, flour, and chopped nuts, pecans or walnuts, till crumbly.
Reserve 1 cup for topping later.
Pressing remaining crumb mixture in the bottom of an 8 x 8 pan. Bake at 350° for 12 – 15 minutes.
Back to your mixer with the whisk attachment! Blend the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat well. (Hey look! It’s “Christmas Spatula” making an appearance at the right time of year! ‘Bout time!)
Spread over crust evenly. Add in the snicker bites, if you’re adding them. I just gently placed mine in the cheesecake mixture. About 20 bites.
Sprinkle with the reserved topping. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes until edges are lightly golden and center is set.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on wire rack. Chill in refrigerator for several hours or over night. (This will make it easier to cut into squares.) Cut with a sharp knife into 2 inch squares.
Remember this is a crumb crust so expect… ummm, well…crumbs! lol
These cookies are so cheesecakey delicious. The addition of the snicker bites with the chocolate, caramel, and nuts…Genius if I do say so myself! Think of it as my little calorie Christmas gift to you! You’re welcome! 😉
Other Delicious Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Snowball Cookies
- Apricot Almond Bars
- Christmas Sandwich Cremes
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookie Recipe
- Linzer Lemon Raspberry Cookies
I want to take this time to give a “shout out” to all my Nest friends who have followed me or who have just joined my “Nest”!
THANK YOU! You are making my dreams come true! My dream to share my love of cooking, baking, laughing, crafting, home decor, and family with all of you! By following along you have given me the greatest gift of all! Your time and friendship! I sincerely appreciate all your support and love!
I wish you the Merriest of Christmases and pray your Nest’s are filled with good food, good friends, and the love of family!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Walnuts or Pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 0z) cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 20 mini snicker baking bites
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream butter and sugar together in your mixer with your paddle attachment. Add flour and chopped nuts. Mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup crust mixture for topping.
- Press remainder into a 8 x 8 square pan and bake at 350° degrees for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- In your mixing bowl with your wire whisk attachment blend sugar with cream cheese until smooth. Add egg, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- If using snicker candies place gently throughout the filling. About 20 pieces. Sprinkle with reserved crust crumble.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool completely. Chill for 2 hours or over night before cutting. Cut into 2 inch squares. Store in air tight container in refrigerator.
- *See notes
* This recipe can be doubled and placed in a 9 x 13 pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO 1177100 Good Grips Stainless Steel Cut and Serve Turner, Black
Ultra Cuisine 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack for Baking fits Half Sheet Pans Cool Cookies, Cakes, Breads - Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick 8-Inch Square Cake Pans, Set of 2
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g