Sizzling strips of marinated steak, vibrant bell peppers, and onions, all cooked to perfection on a Blackstone griddle.
Craving a mouthwatering meal that’s bursting with flavors and comes together in no time? Look no further than my Easy Blackstone Steak Fajitas recipe!
This is the perfect weeknight meal, weekend gathering, or a fantastic Camping Recipe that can easily be made on a 17 or 22-inch table-top Blackstone grill, or on a larger Camp Chef griddle. They can also be made in a large Cast Iron Skillet on your stovetop.
We love our Blackstone! I love that my husband does all the cooking on it. Want your husband to cook? Buy him a Blackstone. We have the table-top version and the full size. Both work great!
You’ll be the hit of the campground with this easy to make recipe. I made these flavorful Blackstone Steak Fajitas for dinner one night last summer, on a family camping trip. My guys devoured them in minutes!
( Why does camp food always taste better? Well…better than all the bugs flying in your mouth! )
I know your family will love this recipe too. Let’s dive into the steps and ingredients for creating this delicious dish.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1½ – 2 pounds Flank Steak, Skirt Steak, or Flat Iron cut into ½ inch thin strips against the grain. You can also use New York strip steak cut into thin strips.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Avocado Oil – used for grilling
- 1 Tablespoons Blackstone Tequila Lime Seasoning, or 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning. You can purchase the Blackstone seasonings at Walmart or on-line at Amazon.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder – optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 package store-bought Frontera Fajita Classic Skillet Sauce with Chipotle & Lime
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced – Can use Red, Green, Yellow, or Orange
- 1 Large White Onion-cut in half, and sliced
- 12 Taco Size, Flour Tortillas
- 2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese – or Mexican blend cheese
- Sour Cream, Guacamole, Pico, lime wedges, and Fresh Cilantro, or other favorite toppings.
Choosing the perfect Fajita Meat
There are several great options when it comes to selecting the right cut of beef for this Steak Fajita Recipe. So let’s talk meat!
- Skirt Steak – has more fat, making it taste even richer and juicer than Flank Steak. (Fat is flavor baby! Remember that!) It also has more connective tissue, which makes it a tougher cut of meat than Flank Steak.
- Flank Steak – is thicker, and wider than Skirt Steak. It’s also easier to find in stores. It is a bit more tender than Skirt steak.
- Flat Iron Steak – is juicy, well-marbled, and it has a tender texture. Its exceptional marbling contributes to its rich, buttery flavor.
How To Prepare Beef for Blackstone Steak Fajitas
I chose a beautiful Flank Steak. Cut your beef, against the grain, into ½-inch thin strips with a sharp carving knife.
Season beef strips with Tequila Lime Seasoning from Blackstone, or you can use a prepared Taco Seasoning packet. Toss to coat. Add sliced bell peppers and onions.
TIP: If I’m preparing this recipe at a camp out, I use disposable metal casserole size pans. Then I can just toss them and not worry about clean-up! Which is always nice when camping.
How To Make Fajita Marinade
This marinade comes together quickly thanks to the use of a store-bought marinade, there’s no shame in using prepared products…especially when camping! Adding a few additional spices creates a flavor masterpiece.
In a medium size bowl combine 1 package Frontera Fajita Sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional). Salt and Pepper to taste. About ½ teaspoon each.
Using a whisk mix ingredients until well combined. Pour over thinly sliced Fajita meat of choice, onions, and bell peppers. Toss to coat.
Cover meat mixture with foil, or plastic wrap, and chill for 4–6 hours, until ready to cook fajitas. It’s important to marinade the meat to tenderize it. Please don’t skip or hurry this step!
Cooking Steak Fajitas on the Griddle
Preheat one-side of your Blackstone Grill to medium-high heat. The other side of the griddle, preheat to medium heat. This will give you two cooking areas and better temperature control when cooking on a flat top grill.
Drizzle 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, or your personal favorite oil, over the top of the griddle. Using a large spatula, spread a thin layer of oil all over the top of the griddle.
On the side of the griddle that is preheated to medium-high heat, place marinaded flank steak with peppers and onions in a single layer. Quickly sear one side and then flip to sear the other.
Cook the meat until brown on both sides. The onions and peppers should be slightly translucent. Turn the heat off and cover the Fajitas on top of the griddle until ready to serve.
TIP: The Grill Top will hold heat for a long time. Be sure to keep an eye on the meat during, and AFTER cooking.
Warming Flour Tortillas on the Blackstone
Warm tortillas on the side of the griddle that is preheated to medium.
Place the tortillas down on hot grill. Watch for bubbles to begin to form. Using tongs, flip the tortillas over and warm the other side.
Be careful not to overcook the tortillas. You can place a little oil on the griddle if you like them slightly crispy rather than soft. I like a little golden crunch on mine.
Finishing Blackstone Fajitas
Fill each tortilla with grilled steak Fajita mix, cheese, guacamole and any other toppings your taste buds favor! I like to squeeze a little lime juice on top of mine. It takes this delicious meal to the next level. Who doesn’t want to level up? Most of the time I just pray I can “get up” without too much crackling!
The savory marinated steak, perfectly charred vegetables, and delightful toppings come together to create a dish that’s not only visually appealing but also incredibly flavorful.
You’ll notice mine are on our fine Camping China! This is such a great dish whether you are camping or dinning at home. I have to admit though…there’s nothing that beats the view of a forest backdrop when you’re devouring these fajitas.
Questions and Answers about Steak Fajitas on the Griddle
- What type of steak is best for Fajitas? Skirt steak is the traditional cut of meat used for Fajitas. However, it’s become a little pricey the last few years making Flank steak more desirable.
- How do you make Flank steak tender for Fajitas? The acid in marinade is crucial in breaking down the protein and muscle in the meat. So it’s always important to marinate the meat for at least 4 hours if possible.
- How long should I cook my steak fajitas on the Blackstone? For rare it’s about 2 minutes. Medium is 3–4 minutes. Well done would be 5–6 minutes. It will depend on how high you have your flame set, but as a general rule the above listed temps should give you the results you want.
- How do you cut skirt steak or flank steak, so it isn’t chewy? Always cut against the grain! This is why I suggest cutting the steak in thin strips before marinating, and always cut against the grain.
- Can I reheat the leftovers? Yes! Store your leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Reheat in a skillet, or the microwave, until warm.
Other Favorite Camping Recipes
- Loaded Blackstone Hashbrown Omlete
- Ultimate Blackstone Bacon Smash Burger
- Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Sandwich
- Blackstone Loose Meat Tavern Sandwiches
- Al’s Sunday Polish Sausage Dogs
- Grilled Sausage and Potatoes from Allrecipes.com
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or just starting out in the kitchen, these fajitas are a fantastic addition to your repertoire. So, fire up your Blackstone griddle and get ready to enjoy a sizzling, satisfying meal that’s sure to impress your friends and family.
- 1½ - 2 pounds Flank Steak, Skirt Steak, or Flat Iron cut into ½ inch thin strips against the grain.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoons Blackstone Tequila Lime Seasoning, or 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder - optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 package Frontera Fajita Classic Skillet Sauce with Chipotle & Lime
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced - Can use Red, Green, Yellow, or Orange
- 1 Large White Onion-cut in half, and sliced
- 12 Flour Tortillas - Soft Taco Size
- 2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Toppings - Sour Cream, Guacamole, Pico, lime wedges, and Fresh Cilantro.
- Place sliced Flank Steak in a large bowl. Sprinkle with Tequila Lime Seasoning, or Taco Seasoning. Toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl combine Marinade packets, garlic powder, and chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix with a whisk to combine. Pour marinade over sliced beef. Add peppers and onions. Toss to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, or transfer mixture to a gallon size Ziploc plastic bag. Refrigerate for 4 - 6 hours.
- Preheat Blackstone grill to medium-high heat on one side, and medium on the other. Place 2 Tablespoon of olive, or avocado, oil on entire griddle and spread evenly.
- Place Fajita meat mixture on the medium-high heat side in a single layer. Once meat is brown, use a large spatula to flip the mixture and brown the other side. Meat is done when onions are translucent and peppers are tender. The meat should be well done after 5–6 minutes.
- On the other side of the griddle, warm tortillas. Place Fajita mixture inside of tortillas and fill with favorite toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BBQ Grill Seasonings by Blackstone - 2 pack - Whiskey Burger and Taquilla Lime
BLACKSTONE 5551 Deluxe Holder Stand Pack of 2 Stainless Steel Racks with Heat Resistant Handles-One Tray Holds 6 Tacos-Dishwasher Safe, Black/Silver
Blackstone 2-IN-1 Griddle & Cast Iron Seasoning Conditioner 6.5 OZ– Effective Seasoning Rub Formula – Food Safe – Easy to Use Cleaner & Conditioner – with Satisfying Customers Travel Tissue Pack
Blackstone Griddle Accessories Kit,16pcs Flat Top Grill Accessories Set for Blackstone and Camp Chef with Spatula,Scraper,Griddle Cleaning Kit &Carry Bag,Great for Outdoor BBQ & Teppanyaki and Camping
Blackstone 1971 Heavy Duty Flat Top Grill Station for Kitchen, Camping, Outdoor, Tailgating, Tabletop, Countertop – Stainless Steel Griddle with Updated Knobs & Ignition, 17 Inch
Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle 2 Burner Propane Fuelled Rear Grease Management System, 1517, Outdoor Griddle Station for Camping, 28 inch
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1230Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 225mgSodium: 1601mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 9gSugar: 8gProtein: 86g