Potsticker Shrimp Vegetable Stir Fry is made with All Natural Frozen Chicken and Vegetable Potstickers by Ling Ling, and extra-large shrimp, served on a luscious bed of stir fry vegetables. It’s quick, easy, and scrumptious!
A blogger friend of mine, Sandra at Sandra’s Easy Cooking, created an amazing dish using potstickers and shrimp. It looked so good! It was love at first sight! I knew I had to try my hand at creating my own version.
First up…add more vegetables! Our garden has produced enough squash this year to feed a third world country! So any way I can find to work it in is a win! That was the base of this dish. A hefty bed of stir fry vegetables with lots of squash!
How To Make Potsticker Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry
Dice Squash, Onion, and Sweet Peppers.
In a large skillet place 2 teaspoons of Sesame Oil with 1 teaspoon minced garlic over medium high heat.
Add diced vegetables.
Season with Salt and Black Pepper.
Stir Fry over medium high heat, stirring constantly until vegetables are golden brown, and fork tender.
Add 1/4 cup of Teriyaki sauce.
Add 1/4 cup of silvered almonds. (Nuts are optional…in a planet not in this Universe! Just kidding…you don’t have to add them.)
Cover and set vegetables aside.
TIP: I recommend the Ling Ling Brand of All Natural Chicken & Vegetable Pot Stickers. The chicken is raised without antibiotics and you can purchase a large 4.2 lb bag from Costco. You can find smaller bags at your local grocery store.
In a large 12 inch skillet with a lid, add 1 tablespoons vegetable oil; coat skillet evenly. Place 15-20 potstickers in a single layer, flat-side down. Add 1 cup of water.
Bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer on medium high heat for 8 minutes.
These babies are going to plump up right up…like lips on Botox!
Uncover, and add Shrimp.
Cover again and leave until shrimp turn pink are no longer translucent.
Tip: Be Careful not to overcook Shrimp. They should only take 3-5 minutes to cook.
Uncover. Remove Shrimp and set aside.
Continue cooking potstickers until water has evaporated and bottoms of potstickers are lightly browned.
TIP: Do not move potstickers during cooking. Don’t move’em. I know…you want to. Don’t do it!
Once potstickers brown, flip them over.
Add 1/4 cup of your favorite Teriyaki sauce. I like Yoshida’s. Also add one package of the Potsticker sauce that came in the bag.
Add Shrimp back in with the Potstickers. Stir well.
Place Stir Fry Vegetables on the bottom of a large platter.
Top with cooked potstickers and shrimp.
Garnish with Toasted Sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
It’s as simple and as easy as that! Dinner is Served!
This dish looks, and tastes, like a gourmet Chinese dish! (I’m allowed to exaggerate…just a little! The boss said it was okay. lol)
It took me 30 minutes from start to finish to make this dish!
TIPS TO MAKE THIS DISH AMAZING!
- Not a fan of Shrimp, use chicken instead of shrimp, or leave out the meat. (I’m good with that!)
- Not a fan of nuts…you can leave those out too! (See how easy I am!)
- You can use any combination of vegetables you like. That’s right! You don’t have to use squash if you’re not a fan, again..I’m easy! You could use peppers and snow peas, you could even throw mushrooms into this stir fry.
- This is a great dish to get creative with so go Crazy!
The layers of flavors involved in this dish are amazing. The fresh vegetables mixed with the chicken potstickers, shrimp, and teriyaki sauce combine to make a light flavorful, yet filling dish.
Other Great Chinese Recipes
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Noodles
- Ginger Soy Lemon Shrimp Noodles
- Easy Fried Rice
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken with Cauliflower Fried Rice
We loved this quick, healthy recipe. It’s sure to make several more appearances at this Nest. It’s loaded with all our favorites!
You need to make this dish as soon as possible. It’s sure to a favorite!
The Handy Dandy Printable is below. Enjoy!
- 15- 20 Ling Ling Chicken & Vegetable Potstickers
- 1/2 pound raw extra large shrimp 26-30 count, tails removed
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup summer squash, yellow crookneck
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 package of potsticker sauce
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce, divided in half
- Toasted Sesame seeds and slivered green onions for garnish
- In a large skillet add 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil. Heat over medium high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Add 1 cup chopped zucchini, 1 cup summer squash, 1/2 cup sliced sweet peppers, and 1/4 cup chopped onion. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook until fork tender, stirring constantly. Add slivered almonds. Add 1/4 cup of Teriyaki sauce. Stir well.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- In a large 12 inch skillet with a lid, add 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil. Coat pan evenly. Place frozen potstickers in a single layer, flat-side down.
- Add 1 cup water. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer on medium high 8 minutes.
- Add Shrimp and cover. Cook for 3-5 minutes until shrimp are pink and tender.
- Remove Shrimp and place on a plate.
- Continue cooking until water has evaporated and bottoms of potstickers are lightly browned. Do not move potstickers during cooking.
- Flip potstickers over, add shrimp back in with potsticker. Gently stir together. Add 1 package of potsticker sauce and 1/4 cup of Teriyaki sauce.
- On a large platter spread stir fried vegetables evenly. Top with potstickers and shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Organic Bamboo Cooking & Serving Utensil Set By Neet - 6 Piece Set | Spoon & Spatula Mix | Utensil Holder Organizer | Non Stick Wooden Kitchen Gadgets | Great Gift For Chefs & Foodies
DII, Cotton Terry Pot Holders, Heat Resistant and Machine Washable, Set of 3, Blue
Cuisinart 622-30G Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
Serving Size:2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 823Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 315mgSodium: 1534mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 78g