Tender juicy Teriyaki marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs are nestled on a bed of scrumptious flavorful Cauliflower Fried Rice to create an easy luscious “Low Carb” dish that the whole family with love.
I’ve done it! I’ve gone over to the dark side! (It was bound to happen friends!)
I actually used Cauliflower as a substitute for a legit carb. My apologies to my long time friend “Long Grain”. We’ve been friends for such a long time. I’m sorry buddy!
I did it! I broke my own rule about Cauliflower. I made Fried Rice out of it! Just call me “Darth”!
What’s even more amazing? It’s REALLY good! If I didn’t tell you it was “Cauliflower” you wouldn’t know it. (Say what? I know…I’m still trying to recover from the shock myself!)
I’ve combined two dishes to make one outrageously delicious meal. The First element are the Teriyaki Chicken Thighs. The Second is the Cauliflower Fried Rice.
How To Make Teriyaki Chicken with Cauliflower Fried Rice
In a large zip lock bag combine 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs and 1 cup of Yoshida’s Gourmet Sweet and Savory Sauce. Marinate for a minium of 1 hour, up to 8 hours.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon cooking oil. Add marinated chicken thighs. Cook until golden brown on both sides and juices run clear. Cover to keep warm. Set aside.
In a large skillet add 1 1/2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil. Heat pan over medium high heat.
TIP: You can use regular vegetable oil…BUT the Sesame Oil will give this dish the deep rich nutty flavor that is often found in Asian dishes.
TIP: Prepare all the ingredients you’ll need for the Fried Cauliflower. It will make it easier when cooking the dish… as it comes together quickly.
For this “Fried Rice” you’ll need one 12 oz. package of Green Giant frozen, thawed, Cauliflower Rice. You’ll also need 1/4 cup diced onion, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/4 cup diced mushrooms, 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, 1/2 cup of diced ham. All that YUM in one dish! Isn’t it fantastic?
You’ll also need two lightly beaten eggs, 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce, and 4 Tablespoons of Yoshida’s. (Yep…the same sauce you marinated your chicken in.)
In your pre-heated skillet, with sesame oil, add Onion, Mushrooms, Garlic, Ham, Pea’s and Carrots. Cook until tender.
Push your veggies and ham aside in your pan, add your “Cauliflower Rice”. (I’ll admit I did this step with LOTS of trepidation! I think my hands may have been shaking as my mind was SCREAMING…NOOOOOOOO! I want real rice!!! lol)
Quickly “Fry” the “Rice”. (I felt like a complete Traditor! But I kept moving forward.)
Add in the Soy Sauce and Yoshida’s sauce. Mix together well.
Push Rice mixture aside in the skillet. Add two beaten eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Quickly scramble the eggs.
Blend scrambled eggs in with the “Fried Cauliflower Rice”.
Remove Chicken from pan and slice into 1/2 inch strips.
Leave any “bits” in the pan with the leftover sauce. We’re gonna use all that “YUM” to cook the squash in.
In the same skillet you cooked the chicken in, add 1 sliced zucchini squash. Cook over medium heat until tender.
On a plate… place a large scoop of that scrumptiously flavorful “Cauliflower” Fried Rice. Lay 1 and 1/2 sliced chicken thighs on top. Place the cooked squash next to the chicken.
Isn’t that a stunning dish?!!!
Y’all know me. I make no bones about how I feel about changing Cauliflower into pizza crust, wings, taco shells, mashed potatoes, and everything else under the sun. I DO NOT LIKE IT! I believe Cauliflower should be left alone to enjoy being Cauliflower!
All that said…I have to confess…this “Cauliflower Fried Rice” is stinkin’ AMAZING!!! I was afraid I had lost my mind and was delusional. So I threw together a plate and drove it over to my friends house so she could taste it.
I handed it to her. She said “Oh this looks good! Do you want me try it right now? I love fried rice.” I smiled sweetly, and said…”Yes”. She took one bite and said “It’s really good” I said “It is?” She looked at me with a funny expression and said “YOU DIDN’T!” “NO WAY! This is Cauliflower!” (My friends know me too well!)
I stood there, as Darth (breathing like him too… cause I hurried over to her house!)… looking at her, sucking on my lower lip, bobbing my head up and down.
Your kids are going to gobble this “Fried Rice” up, and you’re going to be doing the happy dance in the pantry! Why? Because you just got them to eat CAULIFLOWER!!! (Go Team Mom!)
The chicken is truly a taste treat too. This is one healthy, easy, delicious dish! It’s a win-win all the way around. And face it…we could all use a few wins!
If you liked this delicious healthy dish you may also like these other Healthy Dinner Recipes
- Grilled Salmon with Green Apple Slaw
- Grilled Salmon and Peach Salad
- Steak and Pork Un-kabobs
- Steak Fajita Taco Salad
- Grilled Cilantro Citrus Shrimp
Thanks for stopping by. I truly can’t say enough good things about this dish. I hope you’ll give it a try at your nest. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised. I know I was! lol
- 1 Cup Yosida's Gourmet Baking Sauce
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil for cooking
- 1 - 12oz. bag frozen Green Giant Cauliflower Rice, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Yoshida's Gourmet Baking Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced thin
- In a large zip lock bag, place 6 chicken thighs and 1 cup of Yoshida's Gourmet Baking Sauce.
- Place in Refrigerator and marinate for a minimum of1 hour, up to 8 hours.
- In a large skillet, place 1 Tablespoon cooking oil. Heat over medium heat. Place Chicken Thighs in pan and cook until both sides are golden and juices run clear. Cover pan and set aside.
- In a separate, large skillet, pour 1 1/2 Tablespoons sesame oil, over medium-high heat. Add Onions, garlic, mushrooms, diced ham, frozen peas and carrots. Stir constantly over medium high heat until tender. About 7 minutes.
- Push veggies aside in the skillet, add 12 oz. bag thawed Cauliflower Rice. Cook until warm. Mix with cooked veggies.
- Add in Soy Sauce and Yoshida's Gourment Sauce. Stir until well combined. Push mixture aside in the skillet.
- Add two beaten eggs and scramble quickly. Once eggs are cooked combine with "Fried Cauliflower mixture". Cook for 1 more minute until everything is heated through. Set aside.
- Remove Chicken from skillet and slice into 1/2 inch thick slices. Leave juices and "bits" in the pan.
- Place Chicken Pan back on stove top over medium heat. Add 1 sliced zucchini squash. Stir around in remaining juices and bits until tender crisp.
- On a plate place one large scoop of Fried Cauliflower Rice. Add 1 1/2 sliced chicken thigh strips on top of "rice" and place lightly cooked squash along side the chicken.
- Serve immediately.
"Prep Time" includes marinating chicken thighs for one hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 493Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 310mgSodium: 1133mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 52g