Tender moist Pumpkin Bread with hints of warm Fall spices and a beautiful strip of smooth cream cheese filling woven throughout, topped off with a scrumptious cinnamon pecan streusel.
What could be better than Pumpkin Bread? What if there was a ribbon of cream cheese filling through the center of the loaf, and it was topped off with the most amazing pecan cinnamon crumb topping! Well that would be down right brilliant and make Pumpkin Bread dreams come true! (Granted not Cinderella level Pumpkin Dreams…but pretty darn close!)
If you have a magic wand this time of season you can do just that! My wand resembles a whisk! Hopefully this wonderful Pumpkin Quick Bread recipe makes all your Autumn Food Dreams come true too.
How did I make this magical creation? I took my favorite Pumpkin Bread Recipe, and then I whipped up a yummy cream cheese filling… Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo… and laced it through the pumpkin batter, and topped it off with a brown sugar and cinnamon crumb topping.
This recipe makes two big loaves of Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread. One for you and one for a friend. (Have I mentioned I’m my own best friend…just sayin’…)
Let’s get baking! There’s bread to eat!
How To Make Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
There are three distinct elements to this bread. The bread, the cream cheese filling, and the Pecan Streusel topping. We’re going to begin with the pumpkin bread first. Please note you can mix up the cream cheese filling and streusel ahead of time. In fact, I recommend it. It will make this recipe come together quickly.
For the purposes of this post I’m starting with the Pumpkin Bread.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare two large bread pans by spraying them with non-stick baking spray then line with parchment paper. Set aside while you prepare pumpkin bread batter.
I found this adorable parchment paper at T J Maxx. Perfect for Fall baking.
The nice thing about this bread recipe is everything goes into the bowl at once. Just dump and mix. Who doesn’t love an easy recipe!
In the bowl of your mixer, with the paddle attachment, combine 3 cups of sugar, 4 large eggs, 1 cup of vegetable oil, 2/3 cup water, 2 Cups pumpkin, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, 2 teaspoons baking soda, and 3- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
Mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Increase speed to medium and mix another 3–5 minutes until everything is well combined.
TIP: Make sure you scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to incorporate all the ingredients. Sugar tends to stick to the bottom of mixing bowls. It’s like a two-year-old sticking to it’s moms leg!
Divide the pumpkin batter in half. Set the one half aside. Pour the other half the pumpkin bread batter into prepared bread pans. 1/4 of the total batter in each pan. Spread evenly with spatula.
How To Make Cream Cheese Filling
In a small bowl add 8 ounces, one package, of softened cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/3 cup sugar.
Mix with small wire whisk…
Continuing whisking until your arm falls off! Okay maybe not that long…but you need to mix until smooth and creamy. Please note you can mix with an electric hand mixer. I just didn’t want to dirty another appliance when I have the Guns of Hercules! (They may sag down to my side…but they’re buried in there somewhere!)
How To Add Cream Cheese Filling to Pumpkin Bread
Using a cookie scoop, or a large Tablespoon, place 5–6 dollops of the cream cheese mixture along the top of each loaf of Pumpkin Batter.
Draw a butter knife down through the center of each loaf, making sure knife doesn’t touch the bottom of the pan. Go back and forth to create a beautiful swirled pattern.
Use the remaining pumpkin bread batter you set aside earlier. Divide it in half again, to cover the cream cheese mixture. Carefully spoon remaining batter over the cream cheese batter. This will allow the cream cheese mixture to bake into the center of each loaf of bread.
How to Make Pecan Streusel
Let’s get to the good part! The candy on top!
In a small bowl combine 4 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces, 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/3 cup chopped pecans.
Using a fork, combine ingredients until pea size crumb forms. You can use your hands…just be careful that the heat from your hands doesn’t melt the butter.
Getting the Bread Ready to Bake!
Divide the Streusel in half. Sprinkle half on top of one loaf, and half on top of the other. I add extra chopped pecans on top of the Streusel for a beautiful presentation…and like Grandma always said “Can you have too many Nuts?”. (This explains so much about the family tree! Just sayin’….)
Place each loaf of bread into the preheated oven. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Until bread lightly touched in the center springs back.
Remove pans from oven and place on cooling rack for 30 minutes. Carefully lift bread out of the pan. Gently pull down the sides of the parchment paper and allow to completely cool.
Cut cooled Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread with a serrated knife to easily slice through the crunchy crumb streusel topping.
The only thing better than Pumpkin Bread is Pumpkin Bread laced with Cream Cheese and a buttery nutty cinnamon crumb topping! This loaf contains all of my favorite things about quick bread. Tender, moist, creamy filling, and just the right amount of crunchy candy-like topping!
Other Favorite Quick Bread Recipes
- Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
- Cranberry Eggnog Bread
- Streusel Mixed Berry Muffins
- Easy Fried Apple Cider Donuts
- Blueberry Lemon Soda Bread Pan Muffins
- Lemon Streusel Cake Mix Quick Bread
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Danish
- Banana Nut Muffins from Soulfully Made
As always Thanks for stopping by and visiting with me today! I hope this recipe fills your kitchen with the scents of Fall and makes all the tummies at your Nest Happy!
- 3 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 2/3 Cups Water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3-1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Additional chopped pecans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray Two 8.5" x 4.5" bread pans with non-stick baking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, with the paddle attachment, add all the bread ingredients. Mix on low for 2 minutes, increase speed to medium, and continue mixing another 3-5 minutes until batter is well combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl half way through mixing.
- Divide the pumpkin bread batter in half. Set one half aside. Divide the other half between the two prepared bread pans.
- In a small bowl combine softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and large egg. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Using a large spoon drop 5-6 dollops of the cream cheese filling down the center of each pan of pumpkin bread batter.
- Draw a butter knife down through the center of the cream cheese dollops, without touching the bottom of the pan. Swirl the knife back and forth, carefully.
- Divide remaining pumpkin batter in half again, spoon batter carefully over the top of the cream cheese mixture until the cream cheese mixture is covered on both loaves.
- In a small bowl combine butter, brown sugar, salt, pecans, and flour. Using a fork "cut" the butter into the dry ingredients until pea size crumb forms. Divide Streusel in half. Sprinkle streusel mixture over each loaf. Top with additional chopped pecans if desired.
- Place loaves in preheated oven. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Press down lightly on the center of each loaf to check for doneness. If it springs back it's ready. Place each loaf on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and allow to cool completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Measuring Cups and Spoons Set 11 Piece. Includes 10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Cups Set and 1 Plastic Measuring Cup. Liquid Measuring Cups Set and Dry Metal Measuring Cup Set
HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set Kitchen Utensils for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5
KitchenAid KSM7586PCA 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer Candy Apple Red
Oven Safe, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Baking Rack & Cooling Rack, 10 x 15 inches Fits Jelly Roll Pan
Katbite 200PCS 12x16 In Heavy Duty Flat Parchment Paper, Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking Cookies, Cooking, Frying, Air Fryer, Grilling Rack, Oven（12x16 Inch)
Farberware Bakeware Meatloaf/Nonstick Baking Loaf Pan Set, Two 9-Inch x 5-Inch, Gray
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g