Chicken Enchilada Soup with Crispy Golden Cheese Quesadilla’s are perfect when you need a warm winter hug…it’s delicious creamy and flavorul and will make you feel cozy from the inside out!
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission from any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Cooler weather means one thing…Soup Time! Hooray! (Hand me a hot bowl of soup in the summer and you’re likely gonna be wearing it.)
This time of year…it’s a different story. There’s nothing as cozy and heart warming as a delicious bowl of soup.
I’ve been dying to share this recipe with y’all. It’s SUPER easy and SO yummy! The Crispy Cheese Quesadilla is fantastic addition!!! Especially if you’re a dunker like me! (That is not a basketball term!)
How To Make Chicken Enchilada Soup with Grilled Cheese Quesadilla
TIP: There are TWO ways to make this soup. Both easy. I’m going to share both.
Option 1: Add 2 cups of pre-cooked rotisserie chicken to your slow cooker. Next add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 can of whole corn, 1 can green chili peppers, dried onions, 1 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro, and 1 cup sour cream.
Just dump it all in there. It’s not gonna be as pretty as my photo below. That just screams “YUM”! (I know…one of my finer drool worthy photos)
Option 2: Substitute cooked chicken with two boneless, skinless, frozen chicken breast.
Note: If using frozen chicken breast do not add sour cream until the last 30 minutes of cook time.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Stir occasionally.
Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and fresh chopped cilantro.
Serve with a golden crispy cheese quesadilla.
I’m not sure if you need to know how to make a golden crispy cheese quesadilla? (If I share…is it like when I annoy my kids by telling them all those “Mom-ish” things? Hmmm!)
I’m going to risk the eye rolls and just tell ya!
I butter one side of a large flour tortilla. Place it on the griddle or in a large skillet. Sprinkle half with cheese. Fold one side over. Grill until golden. Then flip and cook the other side. Cut tortilla in half and serve with this creamy mouth-watering soup!
I have to admit…the quesadilla is the BOMB!!! (Why didn’t I think of this sooner?) You’ll just kept a dippin’ and dunkin’ that cheesy golden goodness into that creamy flavorful soup!
This is a delicious dinner for Fall.
It’s filling and packed with wonderful rich flavors that remind you of your favorite wonderful creamy chicken enchilada’s.
I love the simplicity of this soup. Any meal that I can “dump and go”, is my kind of meal. Don’t you just love a meal that cooks itself! (Well…mostly cooks itself. You get my drift.)
It’s one spoonful of comfort after another. Like a warm hug on a cold winters day! (To quote my buddy “Olaf”…we maybe in the “Frozen” phase of grandparenthood.)
There ya have it. Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup. I hope you enjoy it!
If you enjoyed this soup recipe, you might also enjoy these other Soup Recipes
- Hamburger Vegetable Pasta Soup
- Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Creamy Chicken and Herb Dumpling
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Soup
Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. I love making new friends!
Happy Nesting…stay warm and cozy!
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded OR 2 boneless, skinless, frozen chicken breast
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can, undrained, whole corn
- 1 small can green chili peppers
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- In your slow cooker place all the above mention ingredients, except for sour cream.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
- Last 30 minutes of cook time stir in sour cream.
- Prepare quesadillas as sour cream heats up in soup.
- Butter flour tortillas on one side.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lay tortilla flat. Add cheese to half of tortilla. Fold tortilla over cheese. Grill until golden and flip and cook the other side. Cut in half.
- Serve soup in bowls. Garnish with cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and sprinkle with more fresh cilantro.
- Dip two golden crispy quesadilla's into the soup and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 877Total Fat: 57gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 221mgSodium: 2364mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 56g