*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission from any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Plump juicy shrimp in a scrumptious butter wine sauce served with linguine…it all comes together in this easy Shrimp Scampi With Linguine!
I have a passionate love affair with shrimp!
My love of shrimp started at a very young age. My grandparents would take me out for dinner on my birthday when I was a young girl. Every year I picked shrimp! Giant Jumbo Shrimp!
So when I saw this dish I knew I had to try it.
Shrimp Scampi is sublime. I don’t know how you can go wrong with plump juicy shrimp drowning in a pan full of garlic wine “butta”!!! (I know it’s a dream of mine! lol)
What I love the most about this dish…besides the Shrimp…is that you have an elegant dish in a matter of minutes with a minimum amount of ingredients and work. Score!!!
How To Make Shrimp Scampi with Linguine!
Start by filling a pot with water and bringing it to a boil. This is for the Linguine. Once boiling… add your pasta and cook until al dente.
TIP: Try not to over cook it. You want al dente so it can soak up all the buttery goodness of this sauce.
Speaking of the sauce…it starts with the Shrimp!
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, to your taste. In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add all those beautiful plump raw shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes. Then set aside on a plate.
Tip: Please do not over cook the shrimp. They didn’t do anything to you. You don’t want tough and rubbery shrimp.
I will be forced to make you to wear a T-shirt that say’s “I massacred Shrimp”. (Don’t make me go there!)
In the heated skillet add the garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in white wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer until reduced by half. It will take about 4-5 minutes.
Stir in your spices. Basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. (I feel a song coming on…) Allow that to simmer for another minute.
It’s time for the BUTTER!!! Add the butter 2 Tablespoons at a time, until melted and smooth. (Oh… it’s smooth! Those shrimp are gonna be sliding all over the place like little greased
pigs sea urchins!)
Do you notice the difference in the two pictures? After the butter is added you have a lovely rich buttery wine sauce. It’s so delicious!
Time to let those shrimp go swimming! Stir the shrimp into the delicious buttery lemon garlic sauce. Add the chopped parsley and any additional salt and pepper to taste.
Stir that all together… (Yes I’m posting this picture again! I am a shrimp geek!)
Add your al dente linguine and gently toss.
Top with grated Parmesan cheese. I may have gone a tad heavy on the cheese…I didn’t want the Shrimp to get cold! 😉 (Note to self…do not blog at lunch time!)
There you have it. The perfect Shrimp Scampi with Linguine! As good as you’ll get at Olive Garden or any fine Italian restaurant!
Serve this dish with thick slices of garlic bread and a big beautiful tossed green salad. It is absolutely mouth-watering good! Worth every single fat gram!
This dish was SO good that Mars and I were actually fighting over the left overs the next day for lunch! We decided to compromise and share. (pout) It was just as good the next day. Such a great seafood dish.
I hope if you’re a shrimp lover you’ll give this dish a try. It won’t disappoint. If you close your eyes while eating each delicious fork full you’ll think you’re in Italy!
Enjoy! The free printable recipe is below. Have a Fantastic weekend and remember to sign up for our FREE Newsletter and get all the latest recipes each and every week.
Other favorite Shrimp Recipes!
- Bacon Shrimp Corn Chowder
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Shrimp Pasta Caesar Salad
- Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Avocado Crema Sauce
- Shrimp and Crab Seafood Boil
Like I said…I have a love affair with Shrimp! What can I say other than….
Mangia! From my Nest to Yours!
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 package Linguine
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook Linguine al dente per package instructions
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in white wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in spices. Basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme.
- Stir in butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in shrimp and fresh chopped parsley; season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in al dente pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 204mgSodium: 896mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g
Norine’s Nest in no way provides any warranty, express or implied, towards the content of recipes in this website. It is the reader’s responsibility to determine the value and quality of any recipe or instructions provided for food preparation and to determine the nutritional value, if any, and safety of the preparation instructions.